Telemedicine Indemnity Insurance and Medical Technology Coverage
Telemedical technology is changing the delivery of private and public healthcare.
Telemedical entities use a variety of electronic media including online, video and app-based consultations to provide care, treatment, advice and referrals for patients. With telemedicine already capturing 54% of the market in the US, it is anticipated that UK and Western Europe will follow by encouraging private companies in developing such platforms to relieve immediate pressure from front-line NHS services.
As an independent Broker at Lloyd’s we specialise in medical indemnity insurance, working with telemedicine and medical technology companies in placement of insurance in the UK. We are operated by doctors, for doctors – thus understand the insurance requirements telemedicine companies have, and how we can add value to your brokerage but covering telemedicine organisations, whether they are in start-up stages or fully established.
We're Here to Help if You & Your Client if they...
- Are unsure of the regulatory requirements for indemnity to operate a telemedical entity.
- Are a stakeholder, CTO, or developer seeking to best protect their medical technology business.
- Are unsure of the exposures and vulnerabilities for telemedical entities.
- Require expert advice in creating a bespoke policy that protects the entity against medical malpractice and other exposures.
- Require expert advice in producing a policy that also extends medical indemnity to the healthcare practitioners that are working on behalf of their telemedical entity.
- Want advice and consultation on indemnity requirements if they are offering advice, referrals, treatment and services.
- Require expert assistance in vetting healthcare practitioners to ensure that they are working with high quality and low risk practitioners.
- Require worldwide and international coverage of medical indemnity.
- Require assistance in investment and funding campaigns.
- Seek a close and personal relationship in their journey, with specialist industry guidance and support.
Our Objectives in Helping You & Your Client
- To ensure that they have peace of mind, from start up, growth to expansion.
- To ensure that their company is in the best position to provide the best level of care and services to patients.
- Assisting them in deploying industry best practice for shareholder and investor retention.
- Ensure that their risk and exposures are minimised and removed in order to work alongside industry and regulators’ guidelines.
- To enable your client's contracted healthcare practitioners to provide treatment and care to their best of their abilities without having to worry about indemnity coverage.
- To assist with risk management to avoid any claims arising from negligence or poor operational aspects.
- To adapt to the changing needs of their company.
What We Will Do For You & Your Client
- Bespoke coverage direct from Lloyd’s of London that include:
- Global Medical Indemnity coverage (with flexible limits up to £50m)
- Public Liability Coverage
- Run-Off Cover/Extended reporting coverage*
- Libel & slander cover
- Reputational damage cover
- Regulatory/Review board committee defences/representation (GMC)
- Data Protection coverage
- Cyber Coverage
- Fintech & Platform disruption cover
- International coverage
- Access to ServCare Union which includes:
- Employment Defence
- Full regulatory Defence